Featured Post

JONAH'S HEALTH HISTORY

Thursday, June 25, 2026

OUR SUMMER START

Summer 2026 is off and running!  June is almost done.  I don't understand.

One thing I have noticed so far this summer is the boys are much more independent in terms of keeping themselves busy.  I don't need to constantly be coming up with activities with them.  

I also, for the most part, don't need to have them within eyesight all the time.  This is a great improvement from the past few summers!  

It's the reason we decided not to do respite care this summer because I feel like I don't have them underfoot 24/7.  They are teens now and like to hang out in their rooms.

I am trying to do school with them everyday for about an hour.  And there's the pool for swimming which they still enjoy.  We also have a ton of camping scheduled so that fills a lot of our summer days.  They will also attend a day camp for kiddos with special needs for one week in July.   

So here's our summer so far:

This is actually from our May camping.  
The first campsite concert of the season!

This is the book Jonah picked from the Book Nook at Point Beach State Park.  He knows a summer sizzler when he sees one- haha!

Hiking at Devil's Lake State Park

Pontooning at Garmisch Resort in northern Wisconsin


Library animal program.  
Jonah acts out his inner Indiana Jones! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment